Thursday, April 3, 2014

23 Mobile Things 2014 #8 Social Media

Earlier posts from the original 23 Things on a Stick introduced me to Facebook, which I use regularly. I don't post very often, as a reaction to certain people who overshare. It's a great way to keep in touch with out of town friends and relatives. I keep strict privacy settings.

I will not do Foursquare - too "Big Brother"

I tried Twitter a couple years ago but find no use for it. I don't have much interesting to say, and am not interested in 90% of the tweets and don't have time to sort through the minutiae. The "Mom This is How Twitter Works" tutorial only made me more confused! Who knew there were so many ways of following and being followed? 

When I was job hunting I took some classes on LinkedIn and set up a professional page. I visited it a lot, but not so much now that I am working. It is a good way to network and keep in touch with former colleagues.  I get invitations to annual "alumnae" get togethers through LinkedIn.

GetGlue/TV Tag: As if TV weren't enough of a waste of time. Aren't my favorite shows enjoyment enough, without needing to reinforce watching with stickers?

Sorry so negative (mocking even?) on the social media; I have better things to do with my limited time! But I appreciate learning about some of the options patrons might be using.

No comments: